Updates & Publications
Networking with Asian partners
Meetings with South East Asian partners for the future collaboration
- Visit to potential partner institutes in Vietnam and Cambodia (March-April, 2019)
- Institute of Geography, Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology
- Center for Agricultural Research and Ecological Studies, Hanoi University of Agriculture
- University of Science and Technology of Hanoi
- University of Social Sciences and Humanities, Vietnam National University
- Institute for Environment and Resources, Vietnam National University
- Vietnamese German University
- Royal University of Phnom Penh
- Exchange of opinions for developing joint research ideas with Vietnamese partners regarding related to modeling solutions to support land-use planning considering resilience to climate change impacts and ecosystem service in the Central Highlands and Mekong Delta in Vietnam, as well as urban issues in major cities.
Meetings with Indian partners for the future collaboration
Preparation of joint research programs
- Visit of the delegation of University of Delhi in February, 2019: Introduction of the project R4SES, discussion on developing joint and exchange graduation programs at institutional level (Geosciences)
- Visit of Prof. P. K. Joshi from Jawaharlal Nehru University in June, 2019: Discussion on co-research ideas especially related to adaptation and mitigation of climate change and environmental degradation through policy interventions in enhancing the capacities of communities.
- Visit of Dr. K. Ramesh from Wildlife Institute of India in July, 2019: Development of a joint research idea with respect to the relationship between climate change and wildlife (biodiversity) and integrated approaches for a holistic understanding of nature and human relations
Horizon 2020 funding program
- Potential funding opportunities among Horizon 2020 calls
- [SC1-DTH-04-2020: International cooperation in smart living environments for ageing people]: Establishment of a research consortium with partners from Germany, Greece, Lithuania, and Japan; Identification of age-specific barriers (physical and psychological) which prevent older people from being active and independent inside and outside their home and design of smart solutions to support their daily lives.
- [MSCA-RISE-2020: Marie Skłodowska Curie Action - Research and Innovation Staff Exchange]: Establishment of a global research network with partners from Asia (Vietnam, India), Africa, Europe and Latin America; Support for the mobility of scientists and experts in urbanization and peripheralization field for exchanging research experiences and knowledge.
- [LC-CLA-14-2020: Understanding climate-water-energy-food nexus and streamlining water-related policies]: Development of a joint project idea and plans with partners from India and Vietnam; Development of an integrated assessment approach to identify cross-sectoral interaction between water, energy and food systems and their impacts on direct/indirect benefits for human, biodiversity and climate change mitigation.
BMBF funding program
Participation in conferences
- On-going discussion for the preparation of a bilateral MOST-BMBF call
[Sustainable cities and urban regions – Risk management at extreme natural hazards in Vietnam and Germany]: Establishment of a research consortium with a Vietnamese partner (Institute for Environment and Resources); Discussion on the integration of urban planning and long-term / short-term climate change mitigation measures
- Promotion of the project R4SES and sharing research ideas
- Ecosystem Service Partnership (ESP) 10th World Conference in October, 2019: Presentation of a research idea, titled "A multi-model and cross-scale approach for assessing land-use system: A conceptual framework with a case study of Dong Nai River Basin in Vietnam"
- Ecosystem Service Partnership (ESP) 3rd Europe Conference in June, 2021: Presentation of a research idea, titled "An integrative research-policy framework (IRPF) for the better implementation of nature-based solutions in policy-making of urban and peri-urban regions in Germany and India"